Teachers offer a wealth of knowledge and experience that they can share. Opportunities to learn from each other and grow can be expanded through online communities and social media. This site is meant to connect people and facilitate a free online community of educators and supporters that engage with each other to improve individual and collective practice resulting in improved opportunities for all students.
Our mission is to strengthen educators' individual and collective development through collaboration and leadership.
Our vision is to create an inclusive and evolving community of educators that works to know better and do better for all students.
Diversity and Inclusivity
- The community of learners needs to be open to various viewpoints and open to discussion of different ideas. We cannot grow if we always think and act alike. While we may not always agree, we need to be willing to actively listen and consider a variety of viewpoints in a civil manner that enables growth in ourselves and others
- Equity can take many forms. We need to see and value the diversity in our community so we can be sure that each person has what he/she/they need in order to be active participants in the community. We cannot be "blind" to our differences or we will fail to see the inequities around us. We also need to be willing to learn about equity and the need for equity in our approach to each other, our students and their families, and the community.
- No matter where we are in our life's journey, there are opportunities for learning and developing. Each person needs to maintain a mindset that allows us to better ourselves - both our knowledge and our actions. As members of the community interact, we need to believe we can grow and then reflect on and put into practice new learning.
- We are better together. When we share and work together, we can improve our own practice and contribute to enhancing the practice of others. As teachers collaborate, we set an example for others in our school, district, and community. By engaging others in meaningful dialogue and opportunities for development, we can scale our positive impact!
- To paraphrase Maya Angelou, once we know better we need to do better. We also need to bring others along on this journey of improvement. We need to be allies to those that need support for their voices to be heard without speaking for them. We need to advocate for our students and their families, our profession, and for the communities we serve.
- Every teacher is a leader, whether in the classroom, school, district, or community. Just as we can learn differentiated approaches to instruction, we can develop skills to lead in different ways and in various settings. By supporting each other, we can spread our advocacy and lead within and beyond the field of education!